Ballyclare has committed to ensuring all of its products are manufactured by employees working in decent conditions. As well as complying with national laws and the Ethical Trading Initiative, we work to conform to the requirements of the SA8000 Standard and have an Assurance Statement to certify our ongoing commitment to the standard and the international instruments included within it.
- Not engage in or support the use of child labour
- Not engage in or support the use of any form of forced or compulsory labour
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace environment and shall take effective steps to prevent
potential health and safety incidents and occupational injury or illness arising out of, associated with or occurring in, the course of work
- Support its employees’ rights to Freedom of Association and to collective bargaining; all personnel shall have the right to form, join and organise trade unions of their choice that will bargain collectively on their behalf with the organisation
- Not engage in or support any form of discrimination in any aspect of its employment
- Treat all personnel with dignity and respect and shall not engage in or tolerate the use of corporal punishment, mental or physical coercion or verbal abuse of personnel; no harsh or inhumane treatment is tolerated
- Respect the right of personnel to a living wage and ensure that wages for a normal working week, not including overtime, shall always meet at least legal or industry minimum standards, or collective bargaining agreements
- Ensure that working hours are not excessive
- Ensure that regular employment is guaranteed.
In addition to ensuring that its own operations comply with these requirements, Ballyclare shall ensure that all its suppliers are aware of, and comply with these requirements.
Full details of these policy requirements can be found on the Social Accountability International website and the Ethical Trading Initiative website.